PACIFIC ISLANDS FORUM FISHERIES AGENCY
VACANCY – DIRECTOR-GENERAL
Applications are invited for the position of Director-General.
Prospective applicants should note:
- Applications are open only to citizens of FFA member countries.
- Applicants must have the written endorsement of their national Government to be considered.
The Director-General (DG) serves as the leader of the FFA Secretariat and is the primary public representative, reporting to Forum Fisheries Committee (FFC) and Forum Leaders. The DG works in partnership with the FFC and by direction of Leaders to ensure that the Secretariat fulfils its mission and to create strategies that ensure future success of fisheries management and sector development for the long-term benefits of the membership.
- Base Salary – Band 18 starts at SDR114,680 (approx. US$153,809) with a total package starting at US$217,693 including allowances and Superannuation (subject to changes in exchange rates)
- Additional Allowances and benefits apply. There is also limited medical insurance cover, 30 days annual leave, leave passage annually to place of recruitment. Housing accommodation, vehicle and utilities will be provided free.
- Normally tax-free status, for non- Solomon Island nationals.
The appointee will be based in Honiara, Solomon Islands but is expected to travel extensively mostly in the region.
Interviews will be held at the Annual Official FFC meeting in May 2024. Appointment will be made at the Annual Ministerial FFC Meeting in July 2024. The successful candidate is expected to take up duties in November 2024.
For more details and how to apply please visit the FFA website www.ffa.int/employment