- The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
- With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 140 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see southpacificislands.travel
SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to Develop the Pacific Cultural & Heritage Tourism Guidelines & Conduct the Sustainable Tourism Assessment of Pacific World Heritage Sites.
- The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 15th September, 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
- Please click here to view the Terms of Reference.
- Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as the conditions below:
- Interested consultants must be registered on SPTO Jobslink
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
- Submission instructions
Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
- Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
4.3 Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
- Tender Clarification
Any clarification questions from applicants must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4.00pm 10th April, 2023 (Fiji Time). A summary of all questions received with an associated response will be posted on the SPTO website www.southpacificislands.travel by 4.00pm 13th April, 2023 (Fiji Time).
- Evaluation Criteria
SPTO will select the preferred consultancy team on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money, and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)||Points Obtainable|
|Minimum qualification is a Postgraduate Degree in Tourism, Culture, Sustainable Development/Strategy/Management, Public Policy, Pacific Studies or a relevant field.|
|Criteria 2:||Technical experience in Sustainable Tourism or Culture Policy/Guidelines Development;||30||21|
|Technical experience in conducting site assessments for heritage sties at either national or regional level in the Pacific region. Experience in other regions can be considered.|
|Strong understanding of public, private sector and community issues relating to tourism development, World Heritage management in the Pacific, across Small Island Developing States and globally.|
|Criteria 3||General Experience in Key Areas||30||21|
|Experience in working with governments institutions particularly the National Tourism Organisations, Ministries for Culture on policy related matters in the Pacific Islands;|
|Experience working with regional organisations, UNESCO, UNWTO, multiple donors, UN Agencies, private sector and NGOs;|
|Working experience with international organizations or similar projects and implementation would be an advantage.|
|Criteria 4||Relevance of Approach/Methodology to assignment||20||14|
|Provide a clear and well thought-out Methodology for meeting the requirements of the Scope of Services and specific deliverables expected throughout the assignment;|
|Sound and practical approach that allows for the inclusive engagement of stakeholders noting the remote delivery of outputs and diversity of issues and competing stakeholder interests;|
|Clear and realistic timeframe including confirmation of availability.|
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4pm (Fiji Time) on 24th April, 2023.
- Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: ‘TENDER NO. 23/003: Consultancy Services for Tourism Culture & Heritage Guidelines & Sustainable Tourism Assessment of Pacific WHS to: email@example.com
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all tenders and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.