CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
SECRETARIAT SUPPORT TOWARDS REVITALIZATION EFFORTS OF THE PACIFIC ISLANDS PRIVATE SECTOR ORGANISATION
The Pacific Islands Private Sector Organisation (PIPSO) was established in 2007 following a collective call to action by Forum Economic Ministers in 2005 who recognised the need for a private sector body to represent pacific businesses’ interests.
The Pacific Islands Private Sector Organisation (PIPSO) represents the regional interests of its private sector members in its engagements with the Government, development partners and other stakeholders on relevant policies, regulations and support through funding training and capacity building activities. The key role of the NPSOs is to advocate for the interests of the private sector at the country level.
PIPSO’s vision is to be the strongest and most effective business network in the Pacific. Its policy outcomes aimed to be recognised as the most dynamic, constructive, well informed, effective influencer of good public policy outcomes based on well-known and understood business engagement and support. PIPSO was not immune from the full effects of the worldwide covid pandemic, and its Secretariat has been assumed by its Board of Directors.
This assignment is to assist the PIPSO board in management of the secretariat function as well as the engagement with PIPSO members and its partners.
This Technical Assistance (TA) assignment is being funded by the Republic of Korea through the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS). Decision on TA assignments including approval of final deliverables are made by the PIPSO board.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide secretariat support for PIPSO, reestablish engagement with PIPSO members, partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
Scope of Work
- To Familiarize themselves with the current Strategic Plan and Constitution for the Pacific Islands Private Sector Organization.
- Update PIPSO membership database.
- Assume the issuing and receipting of PIPSO members subscriptions plus ensure audit of financial records is carried out.
- Reestablishment of regular communication with PIPSO members.
- Reboot PIPSO website and social media platforms and update it with PIPSO and its members activities.
- Relink and develop a strong Private Sector Dialogue with all key regional private sector partners.
- Reestablishing PIPSO’s accounting system. Undertake secretariat support to the PIPSO Board.
- Assist the PIPSO board to strengthen the private sector representation and advocacy and participation to accelerate the promotion and inspiration of Pacific businesses.
- Assist with the completion of financial reports and auditing requirements for PIPSO’s financial reports.
- Undertake scoping work for the setting up of a Pacific-Korea business network as per specifications set out under the Terms of Reference (TOR) document which can be downloaded from tenders.net/forumsec.
As outlined in the Terms of Reference
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for Submissions: 4pm Thursday 10 August 2023 (Fiji Time)
Any complaints regarding the Secretariat’s tender must be directed to the following email: Tender.Complaints@forumsec.org. This email address will forward your complaint to a person that is independent and removed from the tender process. Complaints must be well founded and should not be used as a mechanism for notifying displeasure with the outcome of a tender award. Further information on making a complaint can be found on the Policies & Information page at http://tenders.forumsec.org.
In the event that further information is required by the Secretariat in relation to the tender for consultancy, the Secretariat reserves the right to seek the required information without the need for calling for resubmission of proposals.